If you need information

If you need advice or information, one of the bodies below may be able to help

Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC)

Looking for information on your consumer rights or personal finance? Visit the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission's (CCPC) website.

The CCPC's role and function includes:

  • Personal finance information and education – The CCPC has a specific role under legislation to provide personal finance information and education to consumers. This includes providing information through their consumer helpline and website, running public awareness campaigns and financial education programmes for schools and workplaces.
  • Informing consumers about their rights – The CCPC empowers consumers by providing information to them on their rights through their helpline and website. The CCPC also run public awareness campaigns and use various media channels to communicate their message.

Complaints against advertisers

Complaints against public bodies not complying with the Languages Act

The Insolvency Service of Ireland (ISI) is an independent government organisation set up to help sort out personal debt problems and help get people back on track.

Complaints against barristers

Complaints against broadcasters

Regulator of Financial Service Providers

Help with making complaints/consumer rights

Complaints against telecommunications or postal service providers

Utilities, Energy and Water Services Regulator

Regulator-Air passenger rights queries and complaints

Regulating Health and Social Care Professionals

Provides information to public on the courts system

Independent credit appeals small/medium businesses/sole traders/farmers

Regulator-Data Protection/data breaches

Complaints against dentists

Deals with complaints from public about Gardaí conduct

The Health Insurance Authority is a statutory regulator of the private health insurance market and provides information to consumers regarding their rights and health insurance plans and benefits.

Complaints against insolvency practitioners

Insurance Ireland can offer information about insurance for customers.

Complaints against accountants or auditors

Complaints against Solicitors

Civil legal aid, advice and family mediation

Mortgage Arrears Service - Abhaile is a service to help homeowners find a resolution to their home mortgage arrears. It provides vouchers for free financial and legal advice and help from experts, which are available through MABS.

If you are looking for advice on mortgages/debt arrears you should contact the Money, Advice and Budgeting Service. The Money, Advice and Budgeting Service is the State’s money advice service. They have more than twenty years of experience helping people with problem debt. MABS is free, confidential and independent. They work with people who have all types of personal debt, and many of their clients have multiple types of debt.

The Medical Council is the regulatory body for doctors. It has a statutory role in protecting the public by promoting the highest professional standards amongst doctors practising in the Republic of Ireland

Compensation for accidents by uninsured drivers.

NMBI is the independent, statutory organisation which regulates the nursing and midwifery professions in Ireland.

Complaints against public service providers

Complaints against public service providers who make decisions about children

The Pensions Authority has a statutory responsibility to monitor and supervise the pensions industry generally and are an information body for the public.

Complaints against pharmacists

Complaints against property service providers e.g. estate agents

Complaints against elected officials and public officers

The Teaching Council is the professional standards body for the teaching profession, which promotes and regulates professional standards in teaching

Run by Insurance Ireland

Employee Rights and Discrimination by a Service Provider